What is the WIZO Birthday Club?
WIZO is revitalising an old fundraiser called the Birthday Club. Essentially a parent, grandparent, relative or friend pay a one off fee and each year for their birthday their nominated child / grandchild/ niece/ nephew etc receives a birthday card from WIZO until Bat or Barmitzvah age.
In a highly digitalised age, it is easy to forget the pleasure of receiving a personalised, handwritten card, something many of our children and grandchildren have never experienced!
The act of receiving a heartfelt birthday card by snail mail is a way to help make a child’s birthday memorable and also support their contemporaries in Israel
- Your design must fit a DL size card 99mm × 210mm/ 9.9cm x 21cm.
- Write your name, age and address on the back on your entry.
- Your design can be in landscape or portrait.
- You can use any medium, but it must be able to be printed.
- You must be under 13 to enter.
- All entries MUST be accompanied by a signed parental consent form (see entry form below).
- All entries need to be received by close of business Friday June 1, 2018.
Send your Entry
All entries will be judged by Anna Blatman and Jordie Beville, both professional artists and Dana Milstein, a professional graphic designer.
The winning entry will be printed and each year sent to all children enrolled in the birthday club.
The winner will have the honour of having their name printed on the back of the card, with the knowledge that their efforts will help underprivileged children in Israel.
Another 10 runners up will be selected and their printed cards will be packaged for sale via WIZO.
The winner and 10 runners up will be announced at the ‘Child of the Year’ ceremony on Sunday June 24th.